Those considering a course of study at the Monterey Institute of Touch are invited to visit the facilities and to discuss their objectives and study plans with the administrative staff. Students may enroll any time up to the beginning of each term provided the class has not been filled. To be admitted a student must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be a High School graduate or equivalent.
- Be physically capable of performing and receiving massage techniques taught in the program.
- Complete a personal interview with the administrative staff to assess academic and financial readiness, as well as personal philosophy, motivation and goals.
- Complete MIT's Introductory Massage class (Discover Massage Workshop) or equivalent.
- Complete the application found in the Resources section of the website under Forms and submit all requested documentation, i.e. two letters of personal character reference and a recent photograph.
SCHEDULE OF PAYMENTS
A registration fee of $100.00 is due at the time of your personal interview and is non-refundable. At that time, a payment schedule will be arranged with the first installment due no later than the first day of class. All subsequent installments are due monthly unless other arrangements are made. Payment in full must be received by the final day of class.
An enrollment agreement detailing the payment arrangements must be signed at the time of the personal interview. You have the right to stop school at any time and receive a refund for the part of the course not taken. Your refund rights are described on the application form and on your enrollment agreement.
The Monterey Institute of Touch is approved by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education, BPPE, www.bppe.ca.gov. Our curriculum meets the California Massage Therapy Council, CAMTC, and the American Massage Therapy Association, AMTA, guidelines. Upon completion of the Massage Therapist program, students can apply to the CAMTC for State Certification. Students should check with individual city and local licensing agencies for specific requirements.
CAMTC School Approval Code: SCH0072